Saturday, March 14, 2009

milk.




Last night I watched "milk". The movie touched me so deeply. So I wanted to say this: No one on earth is better than anyone else. There may be right or wrong but there most certainly is not better or worse. A person that has more money, more friends, more fame, more church, more acceptance is not better than the world. You are not better than the world. We are all the same. I do not care what you do, who you are, what you say as long as you stand for what is right. If you stand for what is wrong, then I pity your karma and soul.

This past month two of my best gays got engaged! This is such amazing news and I want to say this: There is more love, acceptance and will in their relationship than I have ever had in any of mine, maybe the world should be looking to people like Chris and Calen for the answers on how to make a commited, loving, unconditionally amazing relationship work. I certainly do not have the answers but it seems like they might.

I love all people, and I am glad to be a part of a generation of acceptance and where we can have openly gay people everywhere, as rockettes, as member of peepshow, as teachers, as my mommy's bbf. Hating people because of what they ARE is wrong, it is much more just to hate someone for what they DO. I cannot bring myself to hate anything, not enough hours in the daylight to spend time with a dark heart.

I was blown away by Harvey Milk's story and I think as humans, we all have the chance to stand for something great. We can get eaten up by the status-quo or we can take a stand, step up and stand for something beautiful.

What do you stand for?

I hope that when people think about me they think: acceptance, peace and promotion of the beautiful art of dance.




enjoy the pics of me, Calen, Chris and of course the ever present spagatti.