Sunday, March 8, 2009



Last night was a blast. The PEEP marquee is up and all lit and looks amazing. I have the coolest cast ever.

Last night my best friend Spagatti called me at midnight and was drunk beyond even his limits and lost somewhere in Chelsea. This story is great because I was able to use my excellent knowledge of the NYC subway map to help him find the nearest N train, and on the way there he decided to buy two hotdogs. Hotdogs might seem like a good idea on the street when you are lost and drunk, but I can honestly say that even if I ate meat, which I do not, I would never go close to a meat being sold out of a aluminum cart on the street. Jeff is a great conversationalist and that is one of the reasons I love him so much. He always has something to say and last night was no different. Drunk Jeff is even better because he loses his ability to censor what he says and it makes it very funny for me. I told Jeff to call me when he got home and instead I got a text at 3:30 am that said " fell asleep on the train and ended up in Long Island, crap". Have you ever done that? I have. It is the worst!

During the course of our conversation he said, "but you, keltie, you, how are YOU doing? Are you ok?" and I replied, " Yup, I am fine. Happy, having fun, much better" and he said " Yea, coming from someone who has known you since you were, like, three, that first week was rough but you are back, YOU are SOME resilient shit Keltie."

YOU ARE SOME RESILIENT SHIT KELTIE.

That might be my favorite quote of all time. When things suck, or get us down in life, we just have to remember that, we only get a few years on this awesome planet, and hate, anger and sleeplessness are not putting those short hours to work. Life knocks us down, people are not who you expected them to be, you get cut from the most important job in your life, and what can you do? You gotta just pick your backpack full of baggage (mine is a suitcase now!) and carry on! Be the BEST you that you know how to be and do everything you can everyday to make yourself happy. For me , it is taking my pup to the doggie park and meeting new people (today I met a cirque gymnast who has been with the company since 1983! Amazing stories of how things work in "O" how shows are created and about artist integrity!), paying special attention to fueling my body with healthy foods and drinks so that I look my best and am full of energy, spending time talking to my best friends and REALLY listening- How often do you REALLY listen, you should try it, super enlightening, spending time crafting and working on my new art project for my cast, enrolling myself in a computer course so I can learn how to make webpages!, singing Matt Nathanson tunes at the top of my lungs while I am driving, getting dressed up, meeting friends in fabulous places and most of all, thanking this world each and everyday for all my blessings. They outweigh my "not-so"blessings" by so much. I am alive, awake, healthy, loved, and most of all I get to work everyday at something that excites me to no end. I am an artist and it is so wonderful to get paid to be who I would have been if no one was paying me.

My friend Ryan Parker said once that he never needed to do drugs because nothing could compare to the drug of opening night. I agree. Life is too beautiful. Seriously.



"I do it for the joy it brings
because i'm a joyful girl
because the world owes me nothing
and we owe each other the world
i do it because it's the least i can do
i do it because i learned it from you
i do it just because i want to
because I want to

everything i do is judged
and they mostly get it wrong
but oh well
'cuz the bathroom mirror has not budged
and the woman who lives there can tell
the truth from the stuff that they say
and she looks me in the eye
and says would you prefer the easy way?
no, well o.k. then
don't cry- ani difranco