Monday, March 16, 2009

h20 x 10000000000


hey everyone,
I just wanted to let y'all know that I am feeling alot better, still in bed resting. I think there is a great lesson to be learned here and I am sorry I am the one to have to teach it but, I think as an athlete and a dancer there is an insane balance between feeding your body and the outward image you have to portray. I was really careless. I have had so much going on in my life over the past few months that once I got off tour I just focused so much on dancing, working, press and travel that I forgot the most important thing! ME! I was like a runner at the end of a marathon that didn't drink that big bottle of water!

The base of the problem was just dehydration. Moving to the desert and not drinking enough water. Like my mom says, they don't hook you up to IV's for just passing out. True. When I do Rockettes I consume about 3500 calories a day from good sources like brown rice, beans and cheese. When I started rehearsals for PEEP, the show seemed easier and so I just was not thinking I had to manhandle my calories like I do when I am doing the same hours for Rockettes. Lesson learned.

When rockettes started this year our trainer elaine came to us and talked about keeping weight on during 4 and 5 show days and during long rehearsals. She talked about how michael Phelps would eat 13,000 calories a day. I want everyone to know that my avoiding taking care of myself like this is really stupid, and I got caught up in a million other things. We as dancers have to take care of ourselves and treat our bodies well if we expect them to be graceful and energetic on stage. I am determined to get my health back and am sitting in bed for the next few days resting. I would love to hear from you and any great recipes, or tips for delicious snacks you love. I am eating healthy, drinking tons and enjoying my favorite vanilla milkshakes from fatburger.

Mostly, nothing in life is worth your health. And we have the power to control everything in our lives, with great fuel comes great skin, hair, nails and energy. With those things comes great confidence and the energy to do all the things we want. I know many of you look up to me, and with the mag out now I am getting more visitors than ever. I just want to say that I have accomplished most of my great jobs after 8 hour auditions on a belly full of peanut butter toast, tea and yummy and healthy snacks. NOT taking care of myself has landed me on bedrest and unable to dance. Please take care of yourselves. I mean it. I am doing the same.

Also, I just wanted to say this: I spoke with Ry today. We are cool beans.

Also: Hobo says hi, and that she is really happy living with her two doggie friends. She says not to worry about her but to send her doggie treats because her mom has her fat ass on a diet and shes hungry.

I love you, and thank you for loving me. Seriously. Thank you

Love KC