Saturday, May 23, 2009

elvis?


Yesterday I got a marriage proposal. I think Elvis has to be involved.

It got me thinking about timing. If I could tell my younger self one thing it would just be to RELAX. Timing is everything and everything will fall into place. Never count anyone or anything out because sometimes the timing is just wrong. Sometimes people just need some time to grow up, learn, live and they will be right back on your doorstep. For me, I needed a few really bad heartbreaks and some months alone to figure out that it is ok to be important to someone who is only equally important to you, not to the world. One day I will find this person, perhaps elvis will be involved.

Being single is really awesome. All you people out there feeling sad, wishing for your prince to come along, or missing someone STOP! Think about how amazing it is to do whatever you want, sit late at night and watch GLEE (hee hee), the greatness of your friends, the freedom of not being held back or held down by anyone. It is like going into the Marc Jacobs sample sale in the west village last summer, all those beautiful models, each one so different and you get to look and flirt and think about what you would look like on the arm of Mr. MJ, but you get to focus on what is really important- Marc is selling shoes for $30 bucks!!!!!

Well...you know what I mean.

Like my daddy says "you can have it all, you just can't have it all right now". So true. Right now I am ment to focus on being the best Keltie I can be in my work. One day the timing will be right and elvis will be there and I will have everything. Just not right now.