Tuesday, April 21, 2009



Sometimes I act as though I do not have big heavy thoughts going on in my head. They are ALWAYS there. Sometimes I let them go long enough to act like a goof. Sometimes I put them here.


"Maybe nobody ever changes. As much as I would love to think this is wrong. It is most likely correct. The only thing that ever really changes inside us is our understanding of consequence to our actions. Consequence is most likely responsible for shaping all of us. Individually and humanity. Another way to think of consequence is to call it fear. I love the quote in the death cab song " fear is the heart of love". Think on that for a moment.

Damien Rice just came on the pod singing "rootless tree". I love the idea that he is saying, just let me out of this, if you really loved me you would let me move on, and if you hated me enough, then just hate me enough that I could move on. But, she doesn't really love or hate him enough for either so he's stuck in it with her. That is so brutal. Like being in so much pain you wish someone would just kill you. There is a messed up symmetry in that. "

"...that knowledge without follow through is worse than no knowledge at all. Because if you are guessing and it doesn't work out, you can just say, shit, the gods are against me. But if you KNOW and don't do, you've got attics and dark halls in your mind to walk up and down in and wander about. This ain't healthy, leads to unpleasant evenings, to much drink and the shredding machine " - Charles Bukowski