Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Do you wanna dance?



Salsa Night was epic. Carolyn killed the Samba. I Salsa'd all night. This guy surprised the smile out of me but getting up and dancing! I was talking about how special our little salsa club is and how what is missing from modern day romance is a man asking a woman to dance and leading her onto the dancefloor. How we spent money and time standing in lines at swanky clubs to stand packed in with a bunch of strangers, who all move their heads to the same lame beat, drink overpriced bottles of grey goose and cannot even speak to eachother. I would much rather drink water all night, dance, be inspired by people who cannot HELP but move. It is in their blood, their culture and their hearts. If I could I would pack little salsa club up and keep her in my back pocket.

"I'm ready to embrace this, I'm ready for repair
I've got so many layers left by amateur painters who covered
over what was there
I stuffed myself sick on your memory and the beautiful mess we'd made
But I'm so tired of being inspired only when things slip away" - Matt Nathanson