Wednesday, August 4, 2010

will they hate me for all the choices I made?


They say time heals all wounds. I have to agree.

Maybe an "us" only exists in a particular space and time.
I know that we were an us.
I know when I saw you today we were just us...separately.

I couldn't imagine sleeping next to your skin,
I can't remember why I thought you were so beautiful.


It was the same feeling I felt when I first left home at 18 and spend a year traveling around the world. When I came home to my town, I was expecting the town to be the same way it was when I left, and on the outside it had stayed the same, same trees, same streets same canola fields, but nothing as the same. It wasn't because anything had really changed that much, but I had changed. I was different. The way I listened, spoke, thought was different.


That was how I felt today, there were were, your face and my face.
Little ol you and little ol' me, but nothing was the same.
We had nothing in common except that once upon we shared a space and time.

things change, people change.

I won't ever be able to trust you. I am not sure I will ever be able to trust anyone.

But I trust in change. I trust that what ever your situation, that eventually it will change. Your sadness will become happiness. Your hopelessness will become brighter. Your empty days will be full.

Trust me.