Tuesday, August 10, 2010


I realized this week what having your dreams come true really means.

When I was a little girl I had a dream that one day I would grow up and be a Radio City Rockette. I worked my whole life to have that dream come true. It did. For the last 5 years I have spent each xmas kicking and sharing joy through my work as a Rockette.

I want to remind everyone that just because your dream comes true, it doesn't mean that life ever gets easier. In fact, sometimes it gets harder because people expect more from you. If you find your way to the top, the only way to go is down, or to kick, scream and fight like a killer to stay at the top.

You can get a job kicking.
A record deal.
A national campaign.
A scholarship to the best school.
A gold medal.

And none of it will really be yours, because just as fast as someone gave it to you they can take it away.
I spend two days fighting like hell for a job I've had for 5 years.

Sweat, Blood and Blisters. The only way I know how.
I cannot explain the amount of courage it takes to tap alone in a room where almost everyone is waiting for you to fail. They want to be right that they placed you here at this last ditch try and the other girls want you to be less stellar than they are. It is impossible to explain what walking into the middle of the floor feels like when you are trying to hold your head high and your shoulders back when every ounce of your disappointment, insecurities and failure threatens to pull you into a crying heap of tears on the floor.

ARMY, we cannot ever give up. WE gotta get up, dust off our souls and keep going. If you give up they win. YOU HAVE TO WIN.

because you are you.
and i believe in you.