Monday, August 30, 2010


"Such a simple concept, yet so true: that which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves."
- the art of racing in the rain.

It is so easy when things go right so say- I totally manifested this! I thought about it, pictured it, dreamed about it- all of it and then the power of my mind made it happen!

I guess I forget that I also manifest my failures. Mostly when it comes to love. I am pretty hopeless in that department and most of the time, no matter how good something feels to my heart I am already in the "yea, but I can just think of how much this is going to hurt when it goes wrong" stage before I even get a chance to enjoy feeling good. Things fall apart and I am never surprised to see it happen. I manifested that too.

Things get bad and then things get worse, and I suppose what matters is what we chose to focus on. I had a nice little pity party for myself this weekend. But as low as I get, somehow the universe, the amazingly resilient universe always finds away to break through the storm clouds of my mind and show me some sunshine. Just when I thought about moving up to Canada, giving up all my dreams and spending my days reading books at Tim Horton's- the universe gave me a huge, yummy sign to put back on my combat boots of life and start kicking butt again!

Never underestimate the power of your thoughts. What you think-you become.