Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank you.


In the middle of the 12 hour travel day on American thanksgiving I got thinking about what it means to be thankful and what I am thankful for: Now, Canadian thanksgiving was weeks ago, and I was so busy opening the show that i never really spent much time reflecting. I got to spend my thanksgiving dinner listening to amazing blues in Memphis. Totally not your typical dinner, but I loved it because these girls were with me.

I am so thankful for all the events of this year. I am thankful for the universe for pulling me out of my comfort zone and then giving me the strength to really reinvent my life. I was living someone else's life and helping them be successful and focused, when I stopped doing that, and started helping myself be successful look at what happened! This has truly been the most amazing year of my life. I got to do a duet with Mel B! (nothing else really mattered after this)...I am so thankful for my handful of amazing friends who have let me cry + given me tough love. I think that a really great lesson to learn for us hopeless romantics is that, we want so badly to have someone walking beside us, but if we stop and look around, we might see that we already have the most amazing people walking with us. Diamonds are meaningless, Promises are lies, but I really believe that if you have been my friend since I have been 5 years old that we have made it over the hump that we might lose each other at some point- I am mostly for my friend Melissa because when I text her late at night “I am lonely” before I go to bed, she always replies, right away with things like this:

“ of course you are lonely my dear friend but your life is good. Your career is red hot. You look more fab than ever. Trust me, those people who left you alone already know what they lost. Revel in the fact that you have the bravery to stay beautiful and forge on!”


Sometimes we need our friends to remind us of things that our own self forgets.


I am thankful for the health, and not so health, of my family, and how it has reminded me to make a better attempt at not letting the distance between us affect how many times a week I say I love you to them.

I am so thankful to the cast of peepshow, who met me at very difficult time, and while I was losing my mind, stood beside me and let me find my grounding again. I know I was dramatic, annoying, selfish, and terrible. I was so very, very lost and I am so thankful that they all gave me a second chance once I came around. I am so thankful for Kristen and Carlos, my two besties in Vegas for loving me so much and taking me in when I had no where to go.

I am so thankful to my body for staying strong. Here I am doing my fifth season of Rockettes, amazed that I am still kicking. I am so glad that my brain and my body are on the same team. Each year I get a little older it takes me a little longer to warm-up, and I stay sore a little longer, but I am thankful that I am healthy and still able to do what I love the most.

I am so thankful to my best friends, boobs, spagatti, kesh-may, miss. loftiss, shushu, mel, mccheese + zaza for being my sidekicks in life.

I am so thankful for my pup Hobo. When my heart was laying over the floor she would get out of bed sniff around and look up at me with her beautiful eyes and say to me “ I think we should put this back together now” I love her for that. I am so very thankful to her dad for giving her to me. I am thankful to my families at both Dance Spirit + Sugar and Bruno (Esp. Commander Steve seen here with my first new Fearless hoodie!) for taking chances on me and setting me up for success.

I am thankful for fresh strawberries, fresh starts and the fresh blood swishing around in my heart.

I am so thankful for you. Yes you. I never in my life believed half of the things that happened this year would happen. So many of you wrote in I got the Dance Spirit cover, because of that cover I got my clothing line and because of that clothing line so many more doors opened. You are so good to me, I read every email, every comment and every tweet. I love my little army and I only hope that my daily words can instill even a little of the peace and hope that you have placed into mine. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for believing in me. I will not let you down.

I am also really thankful for peanut butter.