Tuesday, December 28, 2010

In the middle of this amazing adventure I have been thinking about... Adventure. Perhaps simultaneously reading "Life of Pi" (for the second time) + "Letters to a young poet" does that to a girl. I've been on an island, riding a bike everywhere making friends with starfish, the millions of bugs who think I am tasty and the stars and sea. I have never been good at taking a break, being alone with my thoughts or without a busy work schedule.

I found myself during most of early 2010 snuggling up to my laptop + spending all my free time in a haze of teaching, dancing, writing, designing, blogging, airplane rides, and the business of busy. That, was a lonely existence and at some point I was determined to stop complaining of my lonlies and go out into the big bad world of actual human interaction and put my free time and heart on the line. I have been trying my hardest to break a few of my work-a-holic tendencies. Laptops, after all, are not the comfortable to snuggle.

I like to think that life is one big adventure. I spend very little time calculating the things I do or say. This is a slight flaw. But makes for an excellent adventure. You see, who are we to say what is "right" and " wrong". We have all done may things in our lives that at some point seemed like the absolute right thing to do, only to have it blow up in our face with horrific wrong-ness. We simply do not get to decide what makes other people happy, or what is right, normal or acceptable. I trust in the universe and whatever it places in front of my face is there for a reason.

All adventures are an opportunity to:
grow
Be excited
Fill my heart
Challenge myself to learn something new
Learn something about myself

The answer always has to be YES! We have to stop caring about what the world might think of our choices. We are all on great adventures with our hearts, minds and bodies! It is exciting, heartbreaking, crazy, delicious and by saying "yes" to these adventures you never have to wonder " what if?"

It is that time of the year where we all get a fresh start. We get to redefine ourselfs and start on a new path- so jump in headfirst and fearlessly to your new bad-ass self! You are far more fabulous then you will ever know, and a lust for life and a giant smile can turn any bad hair day into you being a gorgini!

" You are so young. You stand before beginnings. I would beg of you, dear friend, as well as I can, to have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not look now for answers because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to LIVE the question. Perhaps you will gradually without even knowing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day." - Letters to a young Poet