Friday, December 10, 2010

dreams chaser.

I have not slept in 40 hours.
Living on diet coke and tea.
Following my dreams.
Trusting my feet.

Sometimes I wonder if it is all worth it.
Other times I am convinced that it is.

People like to say "follow your dreams".
I think a much better saying would be " chase your dreams down the street with arms flailing because they will be moving along much faster than you can, and do not take to time to sleep, eat, breathe, or shower while doing so. Dream chasing is similar to marathon running, but in marathons someone hugs you when you get to the end, and then you get to have a nap. No nap here. No hug. Just more marathon running.

Sometimes snuggling up to a laptop can be pretty depressing.
But I would sleep alone every night for these dreams because I never feel better than when I get the chance to leave it all out on the floor.





"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves… do not seek the answers which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them and the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer." -Rainer Maria Rilke





What have you sacrificed for your dreams?