Friday, October 23, 2009

The Lady Danger's have sore feet.



Remember all those movies where the backstage was filled with flowers, vanities, giant powder brushes, girls in silk robes sitting plush chairs? Forget all that. This is what life behind the scenes of the biggest tour of the fall looks like. After 10 hours in heel taps (I HATE HEEL TAPS!) We hop over to the training room which is inside a smelly hockey players locker room and submerge ourselves ( I was lazy last night and only did feet) in 40 degree ice baths. I like that somewhere in this photo are two crutches just in case! I spent a bunch of time on those last year and I have high hopes that I will never have to again!

Sadly last night we lost one of our Rockette sisters to a terrible case of Achilles Tendonitis. She has been such a trouper and has worked through her pain for so long and finally hit the breaking point. I am so sad to see her go but I am glad that she won't have to suffer any longer. This is proof of just how difficult this show is. It is also a reminder that at anytime your dreams can come smashing down. You never ever know when the bottom is going to drop out of your life, dream, heart or situation. Expect the best but always be prepared for the worst. I know for me, the 10 hours I spend in tech today will be absent of complaints. We are so lucky to be doing what we love. I tend to take for granted my ability to walk, jump, skip, dance and losing a sister has reconfirmed my feeling that I am the number one luckiest human being alive.


This is what I will be doing all day. Cannot wait.