Friday, July 23, 2010

sleeping is good, try it.


"but pills were not going to change the fundamental problem in the construction. Wanting what you cannot have. Looking for self worth in the mirror. Laying work on top of work and still wondering why you weren't satisfied- before working some more. I know. I had done all of that. There was a stretch where I could not have worked more hours in the day without eliminating sleep all together. I piled on accomplishments. I made money. I earned accolades. And the longer I went at it- the emptier I began to feel."

-Mitch Albom

The thing about fearless fighters is that we rarely know when to stop fighting. As I grow up I am finally starting to learn that just because you love something, or someone- doesn't always mean that if you fight for it, you will win.

I have more battlescars that I care to admit. I am slowly learning to sleep at night. I am slowly learning to keep my own soul full. I am slowly learning that just because I do not accomplish 490 million things each day, I am not a failure.