Friday, July 9, 2010


I am going away tonight for 9 days. I won't be blogging. Checking FB. Tweeting. Calling. I will be silent. I will read, write and swim. Wake up when the sun comes up and go to sleep when the moon comes out. No electricity. No Tv's. No anything.

The idea actually scared the crap out of me. I've been pacing all day. I do not "unplug" well. So, reason #526 this trip is so important.

I want to leave you with this thought

If they took away your money, your house, your clothes, your computer, your television, your cellphone, your tickets to that concert...would you still be happy?

We are a society surrounded by "stuff". This stuff is supposed to make us happy.

We are a society addicted to sharing. We tweet, blog, blast each and everything we do. Nothing happens to me anymore without a handful of strangers commenting on it through various social media. I care what those people say, I don't know them. It's all very strange.

My quest for this week is, if I see something beautiful, do something epic, think something profound and no one is around for me to tell about my seeing, doing and thinking... will it mean less?

or perhaps more?