Tuesday, July 6, 2010






"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, an obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not; and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board. The hospitality was as cold as the ices.
"

-into the wild



I met a five year old girl today who told me that "dance was in her soul". Reminded me of me. Reminded me why I love this art. Why I love movement. Why I am obsessed with everything dance. Why I dream in 8 counts and why I want to wear tu-tu's daily. Reminded me of the me I set out to be, and not the me who set out to prove everyone wrong.

I got so caught up with being faster, stronger, and more important than I really am, that I seemed to forget why I do what I do. I do this for you. I write this for you. I do this to inspire you to chase your dreams. Mine already have all come true, and the new one's I've been working on don't fill my soul like 45 minute warm-ups + grand plies in the center.

There are large parts of me that try to be great so that I would feel worthy of all this attention, but my goal was never the attention, my goal was to be great.

I'm back. I missed you.


Ps. sneak peak of the new S+B fall Photoshoot! My grand pleasure to welcome Stacey Tookey from So You Think You Can Dance to the Sugar and Bruno family!