Friday, March 26, 2010

"you save yourself or you remain unsaved. "

I have recently fallen back into my obbession with reading. I am reading "lucky" by Alice Sebold. The title quote is hers. A lit Agent asked me to send the first 50 pages of my book off to her monday morning. A small beacon of light. I wanted to review these pages, add to them, work on them and I came across this passage. I thought it was nice. Falling in love for the very first time is so amazing. I won't ever be that girl again, But I am glad she existed, even for a few magical moments. enjoy.




"First loves are delicious in a way that only firsts can be. Firsts change you and you are never ever the same again. Being with Rocker was like riding my bike for the first time without training wheels, the first day of school, or the first time I ever set foot on a stage. It was magical, mystical, a combination of elements, matter, and energy that were combusting in my heart, threatening to explode every time I opened my mouth." -r.r.r