Thursday, December 31, 2009

A slowly crafted monologue conceding your defeat.


I am a lover, and not a fighter, but I will fight for what I love. I fought for me, I fought for you, I fought against the universe, I fought against my heart, I fought my own eye ducts when I was holding back tears- but then I started fighting a better fight...one for MY dream and my very first love, my love of art, movement, music and pointed toes. People say, "you must be so glad this year is over", I wouldn't have changed a thing that 2009 brought me.

I learned more from the fight than I ever would have from the love.

Saying you love someone is easy, actually loving them, is hard.
Saying you will fight for someone is easy, but actually fighting for them, is hard.
Saying you love yourself is easy, actually loving yourself, is hard.

Whatever 2010 brings me, I will keep fighting the good fight.