Thursday, September 2, 2010


"Hearing his name hundreds of times reminded me that Rocker was nowhere to be found. He didn’t answer the phone. We hadn’t spoken. I wrote in my journal for hours. I tried to map out exactly when things went wrong. What did I do wrong? Falling in love is easy, but falling out is the hardest thing. It’s so easy to say “I fell in love the instant you said my name,” but how do you pinpoint the exact time when things went wrong? Was it the shirt I wore? Was it something I said? Did I have bad breath? Did I call too many times? My list of things wrong with me grew exponentially. I never paused to think it might be something to do with him. Love, whether it lasts one day or 10 years, is never easy to lose. Once love lets its feelings loose in your bloodstream, there’s no turning back. You breathe different. You talk different. You are different." -Rockettes, Rockstars and Rockbottom