Tuesday, June 7, 2011

thanks universe.





I started dancing when I was 3 years old. It was the only thing I really ever did growing up. I got to the point where I was supposed to decide what I was going to do with my life and it made sense to pick dancing. After all, I had worked for years at it. So, I forged out on this career and have fought tooth and nail for all of it. Every single day of my career have worked my butt off forcing fate.

Next story-
A few years ago I got my heart broken and I started writing. I just wrote because I wanted to, whenever I wanted to. Eventually, I finished writing and decided I would put out the book I had made. It all came from love. There was no tooth and nail. It was a very natural (*although sometimes heartbreaking) process. Eventually, the book ended up in the hands of some really nice people and since that day my job has been to go around and talk to people about my story, my heart and the things that make me tick. I don't have to wear padded bras or transform myself into "hotter" "more commerical" version of myself for these meetings. I usually roll into them in an old tee-shirt and my boots. I don't think that in this world I get to ever pop open the champange and celebrate but some really mind blowing, amazing things have happened in the past few months.

Here is my thought. Sometimes we need to sit back and realize that the things was WANT to make happen are not always our destiny. You can push and push and push, but the universe (god, the heavens- whatever you call it) has a pretty clear path mapped out for you. Sometimes we are trying so hard to make something happen that we pass by what it so naturally put in front of us.

I bet if you stopped crushing on that total jerkface there would be a nice guy around for you, just saying.
I bet if you just looked like you, and spoke your mind that people would listen.

Listen to what the universe is telling you!