Sunday, March 6, 2011

you just never know.




Once upon a time I spent alot of time on a tour bus with a really cool director.
Once upon a time I had a favorite band in Brooklyn + used to go see them with 5 other people when they played tiny shows.
Once upon a time I used to have a friend who posted epic songs to youtube + we drank milkshakes at the 101.

During all of those times, I was reaching, searching, longing for my "career" to take off. I had dreams of janet jackson. I went to auditions and parties and meetings and tried so hard to catch the eye of someone so that I would have a shot at using my talent for someone/something "cool".


This week that really cool director asked me choreograph a magical video for one of my favorite artists.

This week that band (after blowing up) asked me to choreograph their very first official music video.

This week that friend started planning her music video for her first single off of what I am pretty sure will be one of the most talked about albums of 2011, and she asked me to be a part of it.

Here is my thought for you today. Remember all those days we spent trying to fit in with the cool kids? Look again, we are the cool kids.