Tuesday, June 9, 2009

go put your records on...



Every year when I watch the TONY awards my dream to be on Broadway becomes bigger and bigger. Seeing my Knicks City Twin Amy (aka. Handlebar mustachio) on stage in this performance with West Wide Story made a fire burn on my soul, proud for her, and wishing my next thing might be hair in pincurls and a wig cap in some fab b'way production. I will be back in NYC in 2010 and you know I will be spending alot of time with my songbook! Full Out! Fearless!

I love the great stage of Radio City Music hall. It is so amazing. This company kicked butt! The Tony's were so great!

...A few weeks ago I wrote a blog called "Nice Guys Finish First". I have found that to be 100% true, only to me this time! This morning I woke up and the UPS guy was at my door with a huge box. When I opened the box inside was a brand new record player. My nice guy walked out of my room and gave me a box and it was all filled with old records that I would love. Most importantly the "Dirty Dancing" soundtrack! (Remember the scene where baby carries the watermelons into the party and that song STAY...just a little bit longer... comes on? epic.) He had arranged to have this record player delivered to me and had the records with him as a surprise! There is something so romantic and amazing about music that comes from a record player. I am listening to the vinyl of tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty right now. I love the cracks in the music. So special.
I am pretty hard to surprise, being that I am a total control freak. This was one of the best and most thoughtful things anyone has ever done for me. Out of nowhere, and for no reason. Nice guy.

:)